Untitled Document

10% discount code for WoodsRacer.Com members, BBF-WR. Good through 12/24.

Thread: Yamaha 2002 WR250

Thanks

Yamaha 2002 WR250

Last fall I got my son a 2002 WR250. After riding it I was disappointed in its performance relative to its lack of power and responce. Has anyone uncorked this bike, as I want to start getting it ready for this spring and would appreciate any advise. Thanks.
    Share with Facebook

Thanks
    Aftermarket pipe and YZ timing are the way to go for the WR. You can even get away with adding a stock YZ250F pipe on it, if you can find one cheaper than an aftermarket unit. I've ridden a modified WR, but the stock YZ250F is still more powerful, but the suspension isnt as good as the WR. Both bikes were 2002's.
    07 KTM 300 XC-W

"A day without dirtbiking is like a day on a quad."
    Share with Facebook

Thanks
    Thanks for your insight. Any ideas as to which after market pipe is going to give it the best boost?
    Share with Facebook

Thanks
    I work at a Yamaha shop, and I have ridden my boss' tricked out 03 WR250. It had a full titanium Akrapovic system. He chose it because it offered the highest HP numbers. He has the choice of any pipe out there, and he chose the Akrapovic because of the high horsepower increase.
    07 KTM 300 XC-W

"A day without dirtbiking is like a day on a quad."
    Share with Facebook

Thanks
    Take out the baffle. Take out the throttle stop or cut it down or put in a YZ stop. Unplug the gray wire in the 4 plug connector running to the CDI. Rejet for these mods. If you feel you want more get a stock YZ exhaust or a Dr. D. Want even more than YZ time it. If you are in tight woods than leave it WR timed.
    Share with Facebook