Untitled Document

10% discount code for WoodsRacer.Com members, BBF-WR. Good through 12/24.

Thread: Cycra Series One handguards - American made

Thanks

Cycra Series One handguards - American made

I bought a set of these and u-clamp inner mounts for my, new to me, 250XC-W. Here's part of Cycra's sales pitch.

"...Cycra has developed the new Series One Aluminum hand guard. This hand guard was developed with input from professional riders like Mike Lafferty and Russell Bobbitt of the KTM Factory Off road team. You can tell its a Cycra Series One hand guard from our trademarked Probend shape. This new shallow bend creates more protection for the side of the hand, while still allowing free movement. The Series One also features anodized aluminum 6061 bars, the dual layer DX shield, and the race proven Probend u-clamp mounting system...". Made in USA.

Here's a pic (click to enlarge).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cycra.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	45.8 KB 
ID:	2167

My take:

The black anodizing is very even and thickly applied. There is more room in front of your hands as the outward hoops are larger than most other handguards meaning many won't have to cut their clutch lever. If you don't like or need the extra space you can trim the bar end side and re-drill; there is plenty of extra material to work with.

Cycra offers five different inner clamp kits and I chose the u-bend version. These inner clamps have a deep and wide relief that should clear most clutch cables/hoses and brake lines. I like the four bolt design of these clamps when working with tapered bars as location of the inner mount on the taper is less critical.

I prefer a lower profile hand shield so these suit me well. It seems Cycra has molded rubber on to the outer edges of a traditional plastic flag. I think it's a good idea, but time will tell how it holds up. Oh, the bark busters came pre-drilled and tapped for the flag mounting screws. Since there are only two inboard mounting screws I'll probably add some form of mount (additional screw, tie wrap) to the outer part of the flag.

As of right now I am pleased with the purchase and feel my $80 for handguards and u-clamps was well spent.

http://store.cycraracing.com/seonealbarpa3.html
    Last edited by Dave.Smtih; 06-08-2011 at 05:51 PM. Reason: added link, typos
    '12 Honda CRF250R, '03 GasGas EC300, '75 YAMAHA TY80 <Since 2001> '71 Honda Z50, '00 KTM 380EXC, '03 KTM 65SX , '03 YAMAHA PW50, '06 Suzuki DRZ400S, '03 Kawasaki KX100, '08 YAMAHA YZ450F, '07 YAMAHA YZ250, '07 KTM 250XC-W
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Share with Facebook